Thursday, September 11, 2008

What were doing when we blog- assignment #3

What we're doing when we blog, honestly before the last couple of weeks, I could not define blogging. I know that its the expression of views covering almost any topic. As I am starting to realize, a blog is a loud voice screaming for attention. I agree that blogging is a way of self expression but I'm not fully alright with putting personal information on the internet. It's ideal for debating or venting but I think certain things are not meant for millions of people to read. Well, that's just my opinion. Since I don't know many bloggers I will ask the following questions:

What is the best thing about blogging?

Have blogs dramatically affected peoples opinions and views?

What are some personal reasons why people blog?

2 comments:

Tesekkür ederim said...

hello

J said...

These are thoughtful questions. Statistically, the most common topic in the global blogosphere is cats (no kidding). Also, there is a very high rate of blog death; people start blogs and then get sick of it--what's the point. Those who stay with it tend to find it rewarding (which states the obvious). Survey data suggests that they do this for a combination of social network and self expression reasons.